98 year old dobri dobrev, a man who lost his hearing in the second world war, walks 10 kilometers from his village in his homemade clothes and leather shoes to the city of sofia, where he spends the day begging for money.
though a well recognized fixture around several of the city’s chruches, known for his prostrations of thanks to all donors, it was only recently discovered that he has donated every penny he has collected — over 40,000 euros — towards the restoration of decaying bulgarian monasteries and churches and the utility bills of orphanages, living entirely off his monthly state pension of 80 euros and the kindness of others.
people like this break my heart
I NEED TO HAVE AN INTELLECTUALLY-STIMULATING CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE ASAP.
"I’m pretty tired of adults telling me how stupid teens are."
Things To Do This Summer:
- Blow bubbles (glow in the dark ones too!)
- Purchase something from the ice cream truck
- Visit the aquarium
- Explore downtown Chicago
- Watch a movie outside
- Read at least ten books
- Watch most, if not all, of those movies that people think I’m crazy for never having seen
- Juvenile slumber party with girlfriends
- Make RumChata french toast
- Catch up with old friends
- Draw/write nice things on the sidewalk with chalk at the park
- Silly string fight
- Have a dance party
- Make s’mores
- Create a binder for lesson plans (starting with ones from this past year)
- Lay under the stars
- Have a Disney movie marathon
- Make a mix
- Jam sessions - lots of them
- Go on a bikeride
- Play a large game of Ninja
- Have a picnic